2017 Swiss Avenue Mother's Day Home Tour
It’s one of Dallas’ most time-honored Springtime events. Come join us as we celebrate The 44th Annual Swiss Avenue Historic District Mother’s Day Home Tour. Happening this year, just as it does every year, on Mother's Day weekend, Saturday, and Sunday, May 13th and 14th.
This weekend-long tribute to Dallas' historic past will feature seven of the city's most fabulous Early 20th Century homes, an art fair, a vintage auto display, a children’s play area, live entertainment on the Avenue, free horse-drawn carriage rides, complimentary air-conditioned mini-coaches, freshly prepared food, ice-cold beverages, and much more.
Purchase tour tickets by using the BuyNow button under the “Home Tour Tickets” heading below.
And new this year, you can also reserve and pay for Mother's Day Brunch tickets here on our website. Just scroll down to the “Mother’s Day Brunch” section.
2017 Home Tour Chair: Lee Jones
2017 Event Coordinator: Ann Hurley
About The 2017 Home Tour
The homes on tour this year represent several of the Early 20th Century's most popular architectural styles. Featured will be an elegant French Eclectic with Beaux Arts elements, a storybook Tudor Revival, a classic Georgian, a stately Jacobethan Revival, and three distinctly unique examples of the Classic Prairie Foursquare, a style that is quintessentially American in origin.
Guests can travel between all tour stops on air-conditioned mini coaches staffed by neighborhood tour guides who’ll share interesting facts, stories and details about The District. Those interested in a more-vintage mode of transportation can amble down the avenue in horse-drawn carriages. Both the mini-coaches and carriages are provided at no charge, with our compliments.
When it’s time for a break, relax and refresh in Savage Park with freshly prepared food and beverages served all throughout the weekend by Digg’s Tacos . On the main stage in Savage Park, there will be live entertainment throughout the weekend, performed by area talent. Along the median in front of the park, guests can browse the displays of local artisans who will be showcasing their wares, everything from artwork and custom candles to handmade jewelry, pottery, and handicrafts.
Home Tour Tickets
Home Tour Tickets: $25 in advance and $30 the weekend of the event. Children 12 years of age or younger are admitted FREE. Buy your tickets using the BuyNow button below. Tickets can be purchased through PayPal or charged to your VISA, MasterCard, American Express or Discover Card. Advance ticket sales end at 6PM on Friday, May 12th. During the weekend of the Home Tour, tickets can be purchased at Savage Park or at any of the tour homes except the Aldredge House. Both cash and credit-card purchases are accepted. For terms and conditions, see below*.
Savage Park is at the midpoint on Swiss Avenue at the intersections of Swiss, Parkmount and Bryan. The ticket table is under the white tent at the front of the park.
HOME TOUR TICKETS ONLY
* Note: This Button Is To Purchase Home Tour Tickets Only. Brunch Tickets Are Sold Separately And Can Be Ordered Using The PayPal 'Add to Cart' Button In The “Mother’s Day Brunch” Section Further Down This Page.
Mother’s Day Brunch Tickets
A Mother's Day Brunch in Savage Park will be presented by Good Food Catered on Sunday from 11AM to 2PM.
Brunch tickets are $32.50 each for adults and $16.50 each for children 12 years of age and under. Purhase your tickets using the Add To Cart Button below or at Savage Park on Sunday morning, May 14th.
Brunch Tickets are non-refundable; the Mother's Day Brunch will be held rain or shine.
Below is the MENU for this year's Mother's Day Brunch in Savage Park.
MOTHER"S DAY BRUNCH TICKETS ONLY
* Note: This Button Is To Purchase Mother's Day Brunch Tickets Only. Home Tour Tickets Are Sold Separately And Can Be Ordered Using The PayPal 'BuyNow' Button In The “Home Tour Tickets” Section Further Up This Page.
Curbside parking is available on Swiss Avenue and Bryan Parkway except where "No Parking" signs are posted. "No Parking" signs are posted in front of the tour homes, at Savage Park and at other select locations to allow access for the mini coaches to pick up and drop off tour guests.
Overflow parking is available in the parking lot at Munger Place Church, which is located at the intersections of Munger Boulevard, Live Oak, and Bryan Streets. From there, just walk one scenic block along Bryan Street to reach the tour epicenter at Savage Park. Home tour mini busses will not be shuttling to or from the church. Parking at the church is available during tour hours on Saturday, from 10AM to 6PM, and after 1PM on Sunday, when church services have concluded.
2017 Tour Sponsors
[SPONSOR LOGOS PENDING]
2017 Tour Homes
6243 La Vista
5816 Swiss Avenue
5643 Swiss Avenue
5617 Swiss Avenue
5500 Swiss Avenue
5214 Live Oak
5204 Live Oak
* TERMS & CONDITIONS REGARDING SALE & USE OF HOME TOUR TICKETS
- Refund and Exchange Policy. There are NO REFUNDS and NO EXCHANGES. All ticket sales are final.
- Lost Tickets. Lost tickets will be replaced provided you have your proof of payment available.
- Cancellation Policy. If the Home Tour is cancelled due to adverse weather conditions, natural disasters, civil strife or for any other reason outside of its control , SAHDA does not guarantee a refund or exchange on tickets purchased for the Home Tour. In the event of a cancellation, SAHDA will post information on its website as to the availability of refunds. Any refund will require proof of purchase.
- Reselling Policy. Tickets may not be resold or offered for resale. Tickets may not be used for advertising, promotion, or other commercial purposes except with the express written consent of SAHDA. SAHDA reserves the right to refuse entry to any customer who has purchased tickets and resold them, or to any person attempting to attend the event with such tickets.
- Reproduction Policy. It is unlawful to reproduce any tickets in any form. In the event of reproduction, SAHDA reserves the right to refuse entry to the original purchaser as well as any person attempting to attend a performance with reproduced tickets.